Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Starting off the New Year right.

Well, I suppose it's fitting that the first blog posting for our family is happening right now, being that it's nearly the end of 2009. A lot has happened for us this year - we got married, and just before that, my brother and sister-in-law welcomed their daughter Ione Violet into the family! Needless to say, it's been a busy year, but I think from here on out, things are just going to get more exciting for us!

We're super excited about 2010, for a couple of reasons: France and Italy. We're planning a trip for late May with Juan's family. We honestly can't wait, though it looks like I'll be interpreting for the family in France. Not sure how that'll go, but since I'm the one who took 3 years of high school French, and 1 year of college French, I'm the most experienced in that language. But it'll be great, even though we'll be saving up pretty heavily over the next few months. Euros are expensive! But really, I'm just stoked to finally get stamps in my passport! Which reminds me, I still need to get that thing updated with the new last name...

We're headed up to Bellingham tonight to spend the New Year with Juan's family, so that's going to be tons of fun. Good food, good drinks, and fun games. With, of course, lots of confetti tossing, hat wearing, and horn blowing. Don't ask me why, but all of those things sound strangely erotic. Just me? Okay, then.

Let's hear it for a wild and wooly 2009, and hurrah for a hopefully wonderful 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment