Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I gutted the pantry.

So, hubby and I decided that the best way we can help ourselves while trying to lose weight is to clean out the fridge and pantry. Now, we have nothing but healthy food in the house. Also seems like we have almost no food in the house. It was hard getting rid of all of that food, but it needed to be done. On top of that, a lot of it was stale or outdated, so that part was good. Tonight we're headed to Trader Joe's and Top Foods to stock up on lots of fruit, veggies, and other good food so we don't snack ourselves to death. We're also going to be planning meals, and making sure our portions are correct. We're really trying to retrain ourselves to eat better, and of course get active on top of that. I think hubby's going to be jogging, and I'll be doing my workout DVDs, and walking/jogging on the treadmill.

We've been spending a ton of time with family, so that's been fun. We won't see them again until we celebrate Rob and Papa Rodriguez's birthdays, which isn't until February. But that gives us time to start our program, and do other things that need to be done, like clean out the garage. We're also going to go hang out with our friends Tara and Ryan this Saturday to have dinner, and hang out. Should be so much fun! They have a 1 year-old, Samantha, and I can't wait to play with her!

Should be an interesting year. Trying to diet, exercise, live healthy, all while juggling life? We'll see how this goes.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the New Years Resolution! I'd love to work out more, Jage got me the Wii Gold's Gym game for Christmas and I love it. Jeremiah spent a lot of time growing up in France (his dad had an international business) so if you know where you are going, I'll ask him for some advice on great places to stop by. I love your blog, it gives me a chance to keep updated with you! Love you to pieces!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I hope you are better at sticking to a diet than I am- I have literally no willpower! I love Trader Joe's, though, and most of their food is healthy and pretty cheap. They have a lot of frozen fruit for smoothies too at a decent price.

    ReplyDelete